Shopify Developer (w/m/d)
GG Brands offers via its online brands (JewelCandle, OZOI and others coming up) various inventive scented products such as candles, diffusers, and essential oils that are loved by our customers in more than 8 European countries, with more to come! Headquartered in Berlin, we are expanding very fast and therefore always looking for new highly motivated team members who share our vision, to disrupt the scented products industry and become a globally successful and renowned company.
As the Shopify Developer, you report to the Head of IT and you are responsible for developing and implementing high-quality, scalable front-end web solutions for e-commerce or web applications using industry best practices and the latest technical trends.
- Responsible for the development of the Shopify Plus platform, themes, liquid programming language and corresponding apps
- Create user-friendly web pages and developing new user-facing and mobile-based features.
- Extending Shopify’s functionalities to next level using storefront APIs, liquid programming, meta fields, etc.
- Integrating third-party and platform supported apps in the sites.
- Setting up payment integration, shipping methods and taxes in Shopify platform
- Review, test, and provide feedback on work by other developers to ensure code quality. Submit ongoing work for review by peers and/or technical lead.
- Developing testing plans and troubleshooting issues and proactively suggest recommended changes to prevent challenges in the future.
- 5 years of experience with Shopify and Liquid
- Experience developing for responsive layouts for a desktop, tablet, and mobile
- Thorough testing and debugging skills with browser console and external tools
- Source version control tools (GIT)
- General experience building, launching and maintaining stores, as well as general knowledge of the admin system
- Experience with Shopify's theming system and Liquid templating
- Experience with working with a made theme and/or Storefront API
- Experience with Shopify's object/properties, AJAX API, and Meta fields
- Experience with implementing/debugging 3rd party Shopify apps as well as creating custom solutions if necessary
- Experience working with 3rd party services and APIs, specifical plugins for Shopify
- A solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and code solutions
- Knowledgeable in security / personal data protection principals and GPDR
- Full proficiency in English.
- Working in a fast-paced environment and be part of the exciting journey of a fast-growing company, part of a worldwide group.
- A highly motivated international team in the heart of Berlin city.
- You will be given the opportunity to deploy your current strengths and gain additional ones.
- Self-responsibility, autonomy and flat hierarchy.
- An attractive salary package and free company complements.