Lead Data Scientist (M/F/D)
An AI platform based in Silicon Valley is looking for a highly-skilled data scientist to lead the development of end-to-end AI solutions for our diverse clients. Your role is to drive the data discovery phase with clients. Once a client is on-board, you will lead the data science elements of the project and work with our team of AI engineers to deliver a working model.
The typical AI client journey:
At the start of a client engagement, we work to understand their needs, what data is available and how will any resulting solution be benchmarked. The key here is setting realistic expectations, fully exploring the available data, and working alongside the client to define the project. Once this is done, you move into a traditional data science role of data import, data cleaning, and feature engineering. Here, you will need to liaise closely with the client to understand the data in depth. When the data is ready, you then move on to assisting the AI team with identifying the best solution for the client’s needs. Finally, you will help onboard the client with the resulting AI solution, helping to validate performance and define the future roadmap.
We are looking for a highly skilled and experienced candidate. You must be able to:
- Rapidly assimilate knowledge and understanding of enterprise operations across a range of industries.
- Identify opportunities where AI can be leveraged to facilitate data-driven business decision-making.
- Acquire and engineer appropriate datasets in order to solve business use cases.
- Conduct feasibility studies to quickly assess the likelihood of the solution delivering value to the business given the available data.
- Oversee the AI pipeline development from ideation to operationalization within the enterprise.
- Communicate insights, results, and analyses to stakeholders using advanced visualization techniques.
Skills and experience:
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the following skills and experience:
- A 4-year degree in a quantitative field such as statistics, math, computer science, physics, or engineering.
- 4+ years proven experience in a data science or quantitative analysis role.
- Demonstrable proficiency in handling and processing big data sets from various sources, including, SQL, relational DBMS, and cloud services.
- High proficiency in Python plus solid experience with other languages, such as R
- Extensive experience in applied statistics and machine/deep learning methods
- The ability to speak and write fluent English
- A willingness to work remotely and flexibly across different time zones.
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant discipline.
- Experience coding backend stacks in C++, Java, or C.
- Experience with Big Data processing platforms like Hadoop or Spark.
- Experience managing a data science team.
We are an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, citizenship, or disability status.