Tech Lead (Web3, Blockchain, Ethereum) (m/f/d)
Curve Labs is a team of design and development interventionists architecting distributed solutions for the future economy. We tackle systemic challenges of the Anthropocene by creating, combining, and integrating modular open-source technologies to form organizations more than the sum of their parts.
The Lab, which launched early 2020, is a registered German limited liability company (GmbH) headquartered in Berlin. Our work currently covers three domains:
- We are a design and development agency that works with organizational web3 primitives to create blockchain-native organizations, a.k.a. “DAOs.” Our clients include an activist coop, a decentralized finance application, and a sustainable development network.
- We are social activists, creating and advocating for web3 solutions in regenerative finance, data sovereignty, and distributed energy systems. We aim to build holistic cyberphysical systems that simultaneously address social and ecological crises.
- We are hands-on technologists who create infrastructural web3 building blocks, such as identity and reputation modules, smart wallets, and version control systems. We understand that these primitives are crucial for mass distributed technology adoption.
Altogether, Curve Labs is an exciting and diverse collaborative network of passionate domain experts navigating the razor edge of innovation. Join us.
What we’re looking for
- 5-7 years of experience, with experience in a technical team lead role
- You’re experienced in leading remotely-distributed software development teams
- You have led an entire software development lifecycle of non-trivial public-facing web dApps
- You have proven experience diagramming and schematizing complex software architectures
- You are able to mentor a team. You empower personal development, identify and correct knowledge gaps and are able to understand the needs of all developers
- You understand the connections between Front-End & Back-End and you blend strong leadership, architectural, and product thinking
- You are a great communicator, able to optimize communications within and between development and other stakeholders in clear and effective English
- You are able to attract and retain talent
- You possess in-depth Web3 knowledge (Ethereum, DeFi and DAOs). Your knowledge of the ecosystem enables you to build and coordinate relationships outside of the organization
- You have a keen awareness of the surrounding business ecosystem, particularly in relation to open-source development tools and technical advancement
- Your tech stack: Web3-focused, with either back-end languages like Solidity or Rust, or front-end languages and frameworks such as Typescript or Angular. The specific language is less important than a demonstrated mastery of coding, computer science, and/or software engineering principles.
What you’ll do
- Steer multiple projects together with the project leads and give overall direction to the Front-End & Back-End teams (currently up to 15 individuals).
- Troubleshoot technical issues that involve software development, engineering tasks and product releases
- Choose suitable programming languages, frameworks, design patterns, and tools for product development
- Broadly delegate work and assignments to team members
- Hire and train technical personnel, proactively mentor and develop the team
- Transfer technical insights & know-how to the leadership side. Represent and steer company strategy as a leading technical voice
- Conduct security audits to identify areas of improvement
- Supervise system modifications
- Set up, review, and ensure product quality processes, e.g. unit testing, security analysis, and/or code reviews
- Mitigate technical employee turnover through active listening, representation, and communication
What you’ll get
- Competitive salary package
- A leadership team that supports and empowers you to reach your goals
- You become part of an amazing research and development team that is a core innovator in the blockchain, web3, economics & regenerative finance space
- A welcoming, inclusive and purpose-led culture in a team that unites around common goals and takes pride in doing the best work of their careers