Senior Staff Engineer (x/f/m)
What you’ll do
As a Senior Staff Engineer you would be responsible for working with two of our teams. The Booking Management System (BMS) team and the Electronic Health Records (EHR) team. The BMS domain lies at the core of the Doctolib product, enabling thousands of doctors and millions of patients to manage their appointments. The EHR domain will be launching a new product in Germany, allowing for fast, easy and secure way to transfer documents and medical information between patients and doctors.
You would initially be focusing on the BMS domain tackling major projects such as the modularization of our Ruby monolith and designing our API-first strategy, eventually working across BMS and EHR, giving you a wide breadth of engineering challenges to look forward to.
Your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Working as the Right Hand to our VP of Engineering responsible for the cluster, in addition to Engineering Managers associated with teams within BMS/EHR.
- Challenge of scale with our main product which is growing rapidly
- Re-evaluate testing strategy
- Raise the engineering bar in the
- Help the modular team and give it traction
- Help to remove dependencies between teams
As an Senior Staff Engineer you will:
- Modularization strategy for our Ruby monolith
- How do we improve our API first strategy
- How to improve our test strategy, CI/CD pipeline on our main products
- Analysing the gap between existing code and the vision
- Building technical design
- Spreading in the teams techniques and mindset for better software design
Who you are
Before you read on, if you don't have the exact profile described below, but you feel this job description matches your skill set, we still encourage you to apply!
You could be our next team mate if you:
- Have already led important, progressive refactoring project
- Are very pragmatic, knowledgeable and experimented with SOLID principles, design patterns, OOP best practices
- Are experienced designing stable API with the right level of abstraction
- Know how to use this knowledge to balance maintainability, predictability and performance of the code
- Are comfortable in dealing with uncertainty
- Are proficient with abstract thinking
- Are eager to be hands on with React & Ruby-on-Rails (we are happy to help you ramp up)
- Understand the value of testing your code, individually or functionally, for each new feature or bug fix
- Speak English
What we offer
- A 3-month dedicated onboarding program - the Doctolib Academy
- 28 days of leave + 1 additional day for each year of service (up to 30 days)
- A stock-option program for each Doctoliber
- Company pension scheme
- Public transport reimbursement
- Discount on Urban Sport packages
- A mental health and wellbeing offer in partnership with moka.care
- The Doctolib Parent Care Program, including extended parental leave, meet-ups and inspiring conferences
- Lunch voucher (6,75euros via payroll)
- Continuous training programs on all key competencies (English, soft skills, expertise)
- Transparent internal mobility opportunities you're welcome to apply for
- High-quality office spaces supporting collaboration, health and wellbeing
- A support for relocation in case of international mobilities and new joiners arriving to France from another country
- Team building & Company events (Doctoberfest, Kids day, …)
About the flexible office policy at Doctolib
We provide 3 working modes, depending on your team set up.
- Hybrid: you work 2 to 3 days per week from the office
- Office-based: you always work from the office
- Remote: you work remotely and meet your team once a month
The interview process
- Recruiter Call
- Meeting with VP of Engineering
- First round technical interview
- Second round technical interview
- Soft-skills interview
- Permanent Position
- Full time
- Location: Berlin - onsite/hybrid
- Start Date: as soon as possible
- This job is eligible to be partially or fully remote
At Doctolib, we believe in improving access to healthcare for everyone - regardless of where you come from, what you look like. This translates into our recruitment process: Doctolib is an equal opportunity employer. We don't just accept diversity at Doctolib, we respect and celebrate it!
The more diverse ideas are heard, the more our product will truly improve healthcare for all. You are welcome to apply to Doctolib, regardless of your gender, religion, age, sexual orientation, ethnicity, disability, or place of origin. If you have a disability, let us know if there's any way we can make the interview process smoother for you!
All the information transmitted via this form is processed by Doctolib for the purpose of managing applications.